How about a little fun on this Friday?
A friend of mine and I were talking a few nights ago about productivity and all the little gadgets and “things” that people get to help stay organized and be more productive. The funny thing is that, in general, I seem to do better with less. Stuff, in my world, doesn’t usually equal productivity. However there are a few things it seems everyone who’s into GTD wants to have.
So I decided, for fun, to create a shopping list of personal productivity items. Don’t take this to mean you, by any stretch, need any of this stuff to be more productive at all. It’s just a little Friday fun.
h3. The Essentials
* Getting Things Done. The book. You’ll want this first and foremost. $10 at Amazon.
* Some index cards. A must. $2.32 per 100 at Amazon.
* Binder clips. To clip your cards together and to create your very own Hipster PDA. $.48 a piece at Amazon.
* A small Moleskine notebook. For taking notes anywhere, etc. $11 at Amazon.
* A space pen. In case you need to take notes on your Moleskine underwater or make notes on your dirty shoe. $20 at Amazon.
* A Brother P-Touch label maker. To GTD you need to label stuff. $20 at Amazon.
So, for about $70 you’ll be all set up with the stuff you need to start getting things done. ;) But, wait, there’s more.
h3. The Non-Essentials
* Post its.
* A little pencil. Not as good as the space pen, but I think it’s got more style. You can pretend you’re a reporter!
* Some manila folders. The labels from your label maker will work great with these.
* An inbox. So people don’t leave focus killing papers on your chair.
* A trash can. To throw away all the stuff you’re not using to get things done. ;)